Spanish and Japanese Linguistic Studies based on corpora
Founded by UAM and Banco Santander
Principal Investigator in Spain: Théophile Ambadiang Omengele
Principal Investigator in Japan: Hiroto Ueda (University of Tokyo)
- UAM: Laboratory of Computational Linguistics
- Théophile Ambadiang (Principal Investigator)
- Antonio Moreno-Sandoval (Director of the Laboratory of Computational Linguistics-UAM)
- Carlos Herrero Zorita (Research associate FPI-UAM)
- Complutense University of Madrid
- Isabel García Parejo (Associate professor)
- Carmen Muñoz Sanz (PhD student)
- University of Tokyo
- Hiroto Ueda (Professor)
- Kimiyo Nishimura (Professor)
- Tokyo University of Foreing Studies
- Toshihiro Takagaki (Professor)
- Ryo Tsutahara (PhD student)
The UAM-Santander 2015/16 project aims to perform contrastive studies between Spanish and Japanese following different approaches (descriptive, applied to language teaching, statistical, etc.). They will be performed using electronic data through an online platform available at the Laboratory of Computational Linguistics-UAM (corpora and morphological analisers) y and the University of Tokyo (NUMEROS and LETRAS software). The project intends to spread the interest in Digital Linguistics and Language Studies among the Spanish and Japaneses scientific community.
- Spanish corpora developed by each team at LLI, TUFS, Sophia University and the University of Tokyo.
- Part-of-Speech (PoS) analyzers such as the GRAMPAL tagger (LLI-UAM).
A tool developed by Hiroto Ueda (University of Tokyo) for advanced text search. It features, among others, linguistic patterns and word search, frequency counts and Key Word in Context (KWIC) functionality.
1. Joint research in linguistic analysis
- Computational tools: continuation of the development of LETRAS-web and NUMEROS-web
- Joint publications in the areas of Digital Linguistics and Language Studies
- Integration of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Aplication to Spanish and Japanese language teaching
2. Strengthening the relationship between workgroups
- Organisation of seminars and talks
- Exchange of young researchers